At Perfect Day, we’re proud to make indulgences that lead to a more sustainable world. This easy cheesecake recipe, made with our animal-free cream cheese, is a lactose-free alternative to traditional cheesecake.
Since our animal-free dairy protein makes foods that look, taste, and feel just like traditional dairy, you can enjoy the same creamy deliciousness of cheesecake while also doing better for the planet.
What is animal-free cream cheese?
First things first, we’ve partnered with nature to make the things we love while using fewer resources. We create animal-free dairy protein similar to the protein in cow’s milk but are made without a single cow, thanks to precision fermentation.
The process begins with our tiny partners, microflora, which are organisms that naturally ferment in the wild and produce large amounts of protein through fermentation. We help them adopt the genetic instructions to make cow whey protein. In a fermentation tank, the microflora ferments a broth of plant sugars and vitamins, producing non-animal whey protein that is nature-identical to whey that comes from cows. Imagine a brewery, but instead of beer, we’re brewing milk protein. Using gold-standard dairy industry technology, the protein is safely filtered, and we’re left with a pure whey protein that’s identical to the dairy protein that’s been consumed for generations. It’s identical to the classic. We just got there a different way.
Our animal-free dairy is lactose-free and has all the benefits of traditional dairy but is also cholesterol-free, hormone-free, and antibiotic-free.
We partner with retail brands and food service manufacturers to create various products with our animal-free dairy such as protein powder, ice cream, gelato, milk, chocolate, and cream cheese. Our partners, Modern Kitchen and Nurishh make delicious animal-free cream cheese!
How to make Perfect Day’s Cheesecake
1/8 cup or 40 g canned coconut milk
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp. or 16 g fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. or 2 g vanilla extract
2 ½ tsp. or 35 g coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
½ cup or 56 g powdered sugar
10 tsp. or 40 g vegan graham cracker crumbs
Jam of choice
Praline, if desired
The Perfect Day Cheesecake Recipe
- Bring Perfect Day cream cheese to room temperature
- In a mixer fitted with a whip attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed for 30 seconds
- Add coconut milk, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds
- While mixing, slowly stream in the melted coconut oil, beating until fully combined
- Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl and add powdered sugar
- Beat until fully combined and fluffy, approximately 1 minute
- Chill the mixture for minimum 2 hours, up to 2 days
- When ready to form the mini no-bake cheesecakes, set out 10- 4 oz cups, glasses, or ramekins
- Place 4 grams/1 teaspoon (or enough to cover the bottom of your vessel) of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each dish
- Transfer the no-bake cheesecake mixture to a piping bag and pipe 40 grams (or enough to cover the graham cracker crumbs) into each dish
- Top with jam of your choice (we love cherry preserves!) and nut praline, if desired
We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Your email address will not be shared.