Who doesn’t love cream cheese? Not only is cream cheese perfect for spreads and dips, but it can also be used to make the most delicious, sweet treats. When it comes to cream cheese desserts, there are endless recipes you can whip up that are perfect for the holidays. In partnership with the Culinary Institute of America, we made the perfect dessert for the holidays featuring our sustainable, animal-free cream cheese.
What is animal-free cream cheese?
At Perfect Day we’ve partnered with nature to make the things we love while taking up less space and using fewer resources. We create animal-free dairy identical to protein in cow’s milk but are made without a single cow, thanks to the magic of precision fermentation.
The magic begins with our tiny partners, microflora, which are organisms that naturally ferment in the wild and produce large amounts of protein through fermentation. We help them to adopt the genetic instructions to make cow whey protein. In a tank, the microflora ferments a broth of plant sugars and vitamins, producing non-animal whey protein that is nature-identical to whey that comes from cows. Imagine a brewery, but instead of beer, we’re brewing milk protein. Using gold-standard dairy industry technology, the protein is safely filtered, and we’re left with a pure whey protein that’s identical to the dairy protein that’s been consumed for generations. It’s identical to the classic. We just got there a different way.
Our animal-free and lactose-free dairy, has all the benefits of traditional dairy and is also cholesterol-free, hormone-free and antibiotic-free.
We partner with retail brands and food service manufacturers to create various products with our animal-free dairy such as protein powder, ice cream, gelato, milk, chocolate, and cream cheese. Our partner, Modern Kitchen makes delicious animal-free cheese in chef-inspired flavors!
Perfect Day Cherry Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Our Cherry Cheesecake Brownie Bars combines rich fudgy brownies with a creamy cheesecake and a sweet-tart cherry pie topping. They’re decadent and become even more delicious when we realize how much more sustainably they’re made.
For Cheesecake Layer
1 egg or Perfect Day Egg Replacer
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
For Brownie Layer
Brownie Mix (made according to package)
For Cherry Layer
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan and line it with parchment paper
- In a mixer bowl add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt
- Mix on high speed, periodically scraping the sides of the bowl until it’s completely smooth
- In another medium bowl, add brownie mix, and required ingredients
- Stir until it is completely mixed
- Spread the brownie batter on the bottom of the pan
- Next layer the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter
- Spoon cherry pie filling over the cheesecake mixture using a palette knife
- Swirl through all the layers to create a marble effect
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, testing with a skewer to make sure the brownie layer is cooked
- Allow the cherry cheesecake brownies to cool to room temperature
- Chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving
We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Your email address will not be shared.